Design the motor for your application
You can use these pre-set formulas to quickly and accurately determine if your motor requirements match well with MET’s DC Motors.
These are some of the standard voltage ratings for motors that we manufacture. Please select the voltage closest to that which you have available in your application:
Permanent Magnet DC Motors
A Permanent Magnet DC Motor is used in a wide variety of industrial and commercial applications by many OEM’’s. A Brushed DC Motor is chosen for a number of reasons such as portability, high starting torque, bi-directionality, high reliability and for having the ability to fine tune the speed to match your requirements. These inherent advantages of a Permanent Magnetic Motor are some of the many reason that Minnesota Electric Technology sells motors around the world.
All of the DC Permanent Magnet Motors that we manufacture are custom designed for each customer’s application. We then sell that specific design only to the original customer. The output of our Brush Motor can range from fractional horsepower up to 2 HP. The physical dimension of our Permanent Magnet DC Motor ranges from 3.3” in diameter up to 6.0” in diameter. The power sources can be battery power, solar power, or rectified AC. Send us your specifications and we will be glad to work with you on your design.
The ability to “match your requirements” is very important when choosing a PMDC Motor. Voltage, speed, horsepower, or torque and duty cycle are key to the development. With this information, we are able to design a Permanent Magnetic Motor to meet your performance, as well as design for longevity. The ability to handle the load is one of the primary considerations for the design of the Brush Motor. For more information you can check out our blog.
Matching the actual load to the Brushed DC Motor design is extremely important for motor longevity. Running a motor at a lower current than the original design will actually shorten the motor life. A motor running at a higher current than the original design will create excess heat reducing motor life prematurely. A well matched motor/current profile will produce the optimum motor life for that design. Give us a call at (800) 373-3166 and our experienced sales engineers will be pleased to work with you.
The mission of MET Motors is to build a depository of DC Permanent Magnet Motor and application knowledge and PM Motor designs in order to offer assistance to companies who have motor application questions. We will provide fast prototype motors for their testing and deliver our customers the highest quality production motors on time, with competitive pricing.
There are three major classes of a Permanent Magnet DC motor:
- Brushed DC motor
- Brushless DC motor
- Stepper motor
Advantages with Brush DC motors:
- Brush DC motors are by far the most common type of PMDC motor required in applications.
- They are the most economical to manufacture and very cost effective.
- Brush DC motors do not require complicated drive electronics to operate.
The Met Motors Solution:
- The trained Sales Engineers at MET Motors can work with you to design a Permanent Magnetic Motor for your application that will closely match your application load. This will ensure that the brushes withstand years of use and that the wear on them is minimal.
- At the same time, we can design the permanent Magnet Motors that will be able to handle the particular starting current in your application and thereby avoid demagnetization. Send us your requirements and we will be glad to send you a quote at no obligation on your part.